Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Doug Ayers




...
the story:
I went in Dietikon/ Zurich to the Brockenhaus
checked out everything very carefully
saw a strange wooden vase
showed it to M. who decided
that I have already too much stuff
and that she's ugly and not worth to take it with me in the already heavy suitcase
I left it there

in the evening I checked cinoh
I saw this post
I started researching about this guy
couldn't find much

I wanted to go back immediatly
but we went first to the mountains
on our way back one week later
I went to the Brockenhaus
she was still there

so
this vase
out of Hawaiian Koa wood
was maybe bought by some hippies from Zurich in California
in the 70ies
brought over the ocean to Switzerland
stood in some bookcase for 40 years
the people died
their children thought it was not worth to keep it
so they gave it to the Brockenhaus
and I stumbled upon it
bring it now to Antwerp

that is the exiting thing about collecting
you get to know something by digging deeper
and there is always a story behind it
sometimes you know it
but more often
you just try to figure it out
I love it

5 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!
    ... Männer!
    .... Wie hast du die Woche in den Bergen überstanden? Konntest du niemanden schicken??!!
    ..... Das du dann auch noch die Geschichte heraus gefunden hast!
    ...... Und das sie noch da war.
    ........ Wie geil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mooi verhaal andrea :)
    ik moest ook wat lachen toen ik die eikel vond bij het uitpakken, maar minnie heeft er dus wel degelijk plezier aan gehad!
    tot gauw voor koffie in de blauwe kamer :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ik was trouwens nog kletsnat geworden :(
    mijn schoenen staan nog te drogen... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice story. seems like a nice summer. cinoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is. But the summer here is already finished, automne is coming. I really like your tumbler, find a lot of inspiration trough it.

      Delete